GIAN Course On Smart Manufacturing
19-24 February 2018
National Institue of Technology Jalandhar
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL AND PRODUCTION ENGINEERING
Dr B R AmbedkarNationalInstituteofTechnology Jalandhar
Jalandhar 144011, Punjab, INDIA
Overview of Program:
SMART MANUFACTURING is a broad category of manufacturing with the goal of optimizing concept generation, production and product transaction. While manufacturing can be defined as the multi-phase process of creating a product out of raw materials, smart manufacturing is a subset that employs computer control and high levels of adaptability. SMART MANUFACTURING course aims to train participants on advanced information and manufacturing technologies to enable flexibility in physical processes to address a dynamic and global market.
- To introduce trends in manufacturing and explore basic modeling approaches and tools.
- To understand data mining algorithms and predictive science for exploring future spaces.
- To learn concept of sustainability in manufacturing.
- To discuss Big data solutions and beneficiaries of Smart Manufacturing
- To address cyber-laboratories of Modeling and Innovation.
- Overview of manufacturing concepts, the internet of things, cyberphysical systems, modularity and re-configurability.
- Data Science in Manufacturing
- Anticipatory Enterprise
- Shared and Networked Enterprise
- Sustainable Enterprise
- Early Beneficiaries of Smart Manufacturing, Industrial sectors to benefit early from smart manufacturing.
- Data Sharing
- Problem Definition Networks
- Energy in Manufacturing
- Condition monitoring
- Cyber-laboratories of Modeling and Innovation
- Open development platforms for modeling and innovation will be presented.
- Innovation: Innovation frameworks will be discussed.
Professor Andrew Kusiak graduated from Precision Engineering, Warsaw Technical University, 1972 having masters from Mechanical Engineering, Warsaw Technical University, 1974 and Ph.D. in Operations Research from Polish Academy of Sciences, 1979. His Research Interests are broadly in Computational Intelligence, Data Mining, Operations Research, Knowledge Discovery, Engineering Design, Manufacturing, Energy Systems, Production Management and Medical & Pharmaceutical applications. Presently Professor Andrew Kusiak is working with University of Iowa as Professor since 1988 in the Department Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, USA. Earlier had worked with Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Manitoba as Associate Professor from 1985- 1988, Canada. Professor Andrew Kusiak is actively involved with number of Scientific and Professional Society.
How to Register:
- Stage – 1: One time Web (Portal) Registration: Visit GIAN Website at the link: http://www.gian.iitkgp.ac.in/GREGN/index and create login User ID and Password. Fill up the blank registration form and do web registration by paying Rs. 500/- online through Net Banking/Debit/Credit card. This provides him/her with life time registration to enroll in any number of the GIAN courses offered.
- Stage – 2: Course Registration (Through GIAN Portal): Log in to the GIAN portal with the user ID and Password created. Click on “Course Registration” option given at the top of the registration form. Select the Course titled “SMART MANUFACTURING” from the list and click on “Save” option. Confirm your registration by Clicking on “Confirm Course”.
- Participants from abroad: US $500
- Industry/ Research Organizations: Rs. 10,000/-
- Academic Institutions: Rs. 2,000/-
- Students: Rs. 1000/-
*The above fee includes all instructional materials, internet facility and refreshments. Boarding and lodging will be provided on payment basis subject to availability.
For Registration Form Click here.
- Dr DINESH KUMAR SHUKLA
Associate Professor, Dept of Mechanical Engineering
- Dr VISHAL SANTOSH SHARMA
Associate Professor, Dept of Industrial and Production Engineering