Scholarship for Graduate Students
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for Applications for Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF) 2017-18 for doctoral students, post-doctoral scholars and students enrolled in degree programmes in recognised Indian & Canadian universities or institutions to undertake research in areas/ fields in which scholars may desire/require research experience in Canada/India.
In general applications from all domains of studies like Social Sciences and Humanities, Arts, Commerce & Management and STEM subjects are accepted.
However, applications are encouraged in the focus areas of SICI and priority areas of MHRD, Govt. of India i.e. Food Security and Sustainable Development, Water Resource Management, Gender, Bi-lateral Trade and Investment, Energy and Environmental Sciences, Securing Future of Children and Youth, Higher Education, Agricultural Science & Technology, Teacher Education and Training, Health Sciences, Nursing, Marine Sciences and Ocean Studies is invited under this programme. The Institute in its broader ambit also includes vocational education as specified in the Xth Addendum of the MoU.
Applicant must be from member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute from India or Canada and the affiliate or host institution must be from member institution of SICI in India or Canada.
There are three categories of this fellowship.
- Shastri Research Student Fellowship for Doctoral Students
- Number of Awards: 15 (Fifteen)
- Value of Award: $ 560 per week
Duration: The proposed/accepted period of research will be upto 6 months for doctoral students.
- Shastri Research Student Fellowship for Post-Doctoral Students
- Number of Awards: 9 (Nine)
- Value of Award: $ 590 per week
Duration: The proposed/accepted period of research will be upto 4 months for post-doctoral students.
- Shastri Research Student Fellowship for Bachelor, Masters or M.Phil Students
- Number of Awards: 12 (Twelve)
- Value of Award: $ 500 per week
Duration: The proposed/accepted period of research will be upto 8-12 weeks.
- An applicant should have completed one year of Bachelor degree and minimum of one semester or 6 months of Masters from an Indian or Canadian University/ Institution with at least 55% marks. The final year or last semester student has to provide proof for the internship required for that particular degree.
- Students pursuing M. Phil should have completed minimum of 1 semester of the degree/course.
- The applicant should not have another degree from a Canadian university or be enrolled in a Canadian degree program.
- A letter of invitation/affiliation from the host faculty is must and the affiliate should be from member institution of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
- The applicant must be a citizen or a permanent resident of India or Canada.
For More Details Click Here