SHAPING CAREER WITH SQL
Going through the series in this article, we will cover topics like what is SQL, Basic information of MySQL database, its advantages/uses, a various advanced feature that make it the best choice to developing web apps and websites, along with its scope in the new era, approximate salary packages, etc.
What is SQL
MySQL stands for My Structured Query Language. It is the most important Open source SQL database management system, is developed and supported by Oracle Corporation. The SQL programming language was first developed in the 1970s by IBM researchers Raymond Boyce and Donald Chamberlin. The programming language, known then as SEQUEL, was created following the publishing of Edgar Frank Todd’s paper, “A Relational Model of Data for Large Shared Data Banks,” in 1970It is one of the most popular languages for accessing and managing records in the table.
Basic information of SQL
MySQL follows the working of a client/server architecture. SQL is a domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system, or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system. There are database servers and many clients (application programs), which communicate with the server, that is, they can query data, save changes, etc.
- SQL lets you access and manipulates databases
- SQL became a standard of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in 1986, and of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 1987
MySQL is a multi-platform that can run on various operating systems like Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac, etc. It is an open-source database written in c and c++ but uses SQL as the language to communicate within the database, along with PHP to build Websites and popular examples of them include Facebook, WordPress, etc. It is also compatible with other programming languages like Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
MySQL consists of a solid data security layer that protects sensitive data from intruders(pusher). Also, passwords are encrypted in MySQL. And it is free to use so that we can download it from the MySQL official website without any cost.
Along with understanding why MySQL is the go-to solution for a high-growth environment, it is equally important to understand the challenges that can cripple your business operation. Here are 5 major reasons to used MySQL.
- Secure Money Transaction
- On-Demand Scalability
- High Availability
- Rock-Solid Reliability
- Quick-start Capability
Through SQL one can :
- can execute queries against a database
- can retrieve data from a database
- can insert records in a database
- can update records in a database
- can delete records from a database
- can create new databases
- can create new tables in a database
- can create stored procedures in a database
- can create views in a database
- can set permissions on tables, procedures, and views
It is a stable, reliable, and powerful solution with advance feature like the following:
- Data Security: MySQL is globally renowned for being the most secure and reliable database management system used in popular web applications like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Facebook, and Twitter.
- On-Demand Scalability: On-demand flexibility is the star feature of MySQL. This open-source solution allows complete customization to eCommerce businesses with unique database server requirements.
- High Availability: It is an eCommerce website that receives a million queries every single day or a high-speed transactional processing system, MySQL is designed to meet even the most demanding applications while ensuring optimum speed, full-text indexes and unique memory caches for enhanced performance.
Scope and approximate salary package
SQL is used to work on the database which is always needed to store, enter data. So, its scope will always alive. The only need is to get the advanced knowledge of SQL, Database, and get an expert in working with it. Package: An entry-level SQL Developer with less than 1-year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonuses, and overtime pay) of ₹289,520 based on 64 salaries. An early career SQL Developer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹409,322 based on 501 salaries. A mid-career SQL Developer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹683,480 based on 157 salaries. An experienced SQL Developer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹1,125,821 based on 26 salaries.
The learning of SQL could be continued through many available sources such as Coursera, Udemy, Codecademy, Youtube, and many more.
If one seems the article to be beneficial or informative please hit the like button below!! 🙂