What are the important essential software a mechanical engineering student should have some grip on?
Mechanical Engineering is a vast field. In current era software has become an integral part of mechanical engineering. There are lots of software according to application person can use. Some of the software which is a must for a Mechanical Engineering are:
- Designing software
- Analysis software
1. Designing software: Designing software is essential for one who makes his/her career in designing field.
- list of designing software
- Autocad – Drafting and two-dimensional drawing
- Pro-E/Creo – Advance solid modeling and 3d designing
- Solidworks – Advance solid modeling and 3d designing
- Alibre- Advance solid modeling and 3d designing
- Catia – Advance solid modeling and 3d designing
-Pro-E/Creo, CATIA, SolidWorks and Autodesk Inventor are very similar software. Knowing one of them is sufficient to work on all the other software.
[amazon_link asins=’8125940006′ template=’ProductLink’ store=’upcoming0b-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’ac97ca18-8914-11e8-8df3-8b225ee7280a’]
2. Analysis or Simulation Software: With the help of simulation and analysis designers can visualize their products better, and thereby maintain high-quality standards in design. Higher standards of quality and visualization further lead to better innovations. Physical testing has its own limit but with the help of this software, any company can produce reliable quality.
- List of Analysis software:-
- Ansys – Finite Element Analysis (FEM), Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) Analysis
- Matlab – Matlab is very good and in fact an industry standard for data acquisition and mathematical modeling. When it comes to mathematical modeling in all Aerospace, Automobile, Control system domain it is an industry standard. Almost in all the universities, students and professors use it for research purpose.
3. Coding software/language:- Generally, python is used if you are dealing with very complex computational fluid dynamics (CFD) problem which can not be solved by using multiphysics software like (Ansys and Abaqus).
- List of coding/ language software:-
-As a mechanical engineer, you must know at least one software from each. I would like to give you one advice as a mechanical engineer you must pick up any one of the software and try to learn it invest 1 hour per day.
-Give your first priority to auto cad. I admit that I haven’t tried all of these to decide. Again, it also depends on the resources including tutorials, practice models etc, also. And above all, the most important thing is your interest to learn this software.