BUILDING CAREER WITH PHP
Stepping forward, knowing about PHP. This article will lighten topics like what is PHP, Basic information of PHP, uses of PHP, why to learn PHP, career bind with PHP, and approximate package in jobs.
what is PHP?
A neat feature of PHP is that it’s very flexible and versatile. PHP is almost the same as if it was an object-oriented language, making it a very convenient language to work with. It also has a quite powerful meta-language for developers.
PHP is typically used to run Web sites, but you can run PHP on your Windows, macOS, and Linux workstations.
Why to Learn PHP?
- PHP is a must for students and working professionals to become a great Software Engineer specially when they are working in Web Development Domain.
- PHP is a server side scripting language that is embedded in HTML. It is used to manage dynamic content, databases, session tracking, even build entire e-commerce sites.
- It is integrated with a number of popular databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- PHP is pleasingly zippy in its execution, especially when compiled as an Apache module on the Unix side. The MySQL server, once started, executes even very complex queries with huge result sets in record-setting time.
- PHP supports a large number of major protocols such as POP3, IMAP, and LDAP. PHP4 added support for Java and distributed object architectures (COM and CORBA), making n-tier development a possibility for the first time.
- PHP is forgiving: PHP language tries to be as forgiving as possible.
- PHP Syntax is C-Like.
Common uses of PHP
- PHP performs system functions, i.e. from files on a system it can create, open, read, write, and close them.
- PHP can handle forms, i.e. gather data from files, save data to a file, through email you can send data, return data to the user.
- You add, delete, modify elements within your database through PHP.
- Access cookies variables and set cookies.
- Using PHP, you can restrict users to access some pages of your website.
- It can encrypt data.
Characteristics of PHP
Five important characteristics make PHP’s practical nature possible –
Basic Program of PHP
To get a feel for PHP, first start with simple PHP scripts. Since “Hello, World!” is an essential example, first we will create a friendly little “Hello, World!” script.
As mentioned earlier, PHP is embedded in HTML. That means that in amongst your normal HTML (or XHTML if you’re cutting-edge) you’ll have PHP statements like this –
It will produce following result –
Where to Learn PHP?
There are a lot of great learning resources for PHP. These include the following:
- SimpliLearn: PHP Programming, Fundamentals, and Tutorials
- YouTube: Introduction to PHP Programming
- PHP Docs: PHP Manual
In many ways, these resources form the foundation for your journey towards mastering PHP. The next step you will want to take is to practice your PHP skills on projects.
Building a Career with PHP
PHP has driven the demand for development languages year over year. Today, PHP is one of the top five in-demand programming languages. There are many reasons for PHP’s growth. Still, strong support for PHP from Microsoft and Apple as part of the integrated development environments (IDE) such as Visual Studio and Xcode is certainly significant. Now, enterprise-ready IDE’s provide excellent support for PHP along with C# and Swift.
To give you a frame of reference, an entry-level PHP developer in North America can start at $60,000 per year and a senior PHP programmer can make over $100,000 per year. The average of (5- 9 years) experienced PHP developer salary in India is Rs. 546,000 per annum. The average salary of 10-19 years experienced PHP developer is Rs. 850,000 per annum
In many ways, PHP is the foundation language you can use for a career in IT as a developer.
I hope you understand my article and start gaining knowledge about PHP language.
All the best!!