Computer Vision Applications Using Python and OpenCV
What is OpenCV?
- It is designed for computational efficiency with a strong focus on real-time applications, video and image processing.
- Python is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language. Its design philosophy emphasizes code readability, and its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code which is not possible in languages such as C.
- The language provides intended constructs to enable clear programs on both small as well as large scale. The growing demand of integrating OpenCV with python promises clear-cut solutions to image processing problems.
- Since the tools are open source, researchers can exploit the freedom and possibilities of expansion. Widespread applications in the field of robotics underlines the scope of OpenCV for image processing and other similar techniques to address real-world complexities.
- This program is conducted to enhance interaction amongst institutions and industries which is very much essential for today’s competitive world. The main objective of the interaction between industry and academia is to improve the research and development activities. It makes a good platform for showcasing better practice, latest technological developments, their implementation and impact on the industry.
- It encourages to interact with industry in every possible way, while keeping the spirit of deriving mutual benefits. The interactions varies from joint research programs and field studies by people from industry, professional consultancy by the faculties to the industries. There is a participation of experts from industry to curriculum development and project works in the industries under the joint guidance of the faculties and experts from the industry.
- Familiarize with Python Scripting and explore OpenCV libraries.
- Get hold on the fundamentals of Image processing.
- To study the recent engineering problems in data processing and image processing.
- To evolve effective optimized algorithms on image processing problems.
- To develop new methods and algorithms for training purpose for effective teaching and research.
- Implementing Image processing algorithms.
- To discuss the varies technique and applications in OpenCV, image processing, speech processing, video processing, etc.
- To make the researchers to move into the field of real time image processing.
- To train the students by creating interest amongst the students towards the field of image processing and computer vision. Also, familiarizing the students with the practical aspects of this field and gradually teach them the industrial usage of image processing for control applications, applications, quality inspections and robotic control systems.
- To train faculties to explore research opportunities and carryout studious searches for new discovery or innovative interpretations.
- To train faculties to encourage students to take-up related projects with their academic environment.
- To provide end-user specific needs adoptable and suitable system developments.
- Aims at capacity boundary of faculty for applying computer vision technologies to the applications of interest like medical image processing, human body motion analysis and multimedia applications.
- To equip teachers with skills and knowledge in the field of computer vision, speech processing, image processing, video processing that are essential for inculcating learning values in students and guiding and monitoring their progress towards their carrier.
This workshop is designed for:
- Faculties from AICTE recognized engineering colleges and poly technique colleges.
- Anticipating for research from industry and government departments.
- Pursuing research scholars.
- Who are interested in knowing the research trends.
For this workshop speakers are invited:
- From eminent institutions like IISc, IIT’s, NIT’s and industries, who are interested in research fields.
- Research scholars who are interested to share their knowledge.
- Academicians from some of the technical institutions of National Interest.
Level of activity: (Regional / National / International ) and target audience
Level of activity: National Level
Target audience: Faculties from AICTE recognized engineering colleges and poly technique colleges. Also anticipating for research from industry and government departments.
” Computer Vision Applications Using Python and OpenCV”
“Kalpataru Institute of Technology”
Outer Ring Rd, 1st Block, Banashankari 3rd Stage, Banashankari, Bengaluru, Karnataka- 560085
Event Date: 11 December 2017- 23 December 2017
For more Details: Click here