Workshop On Automotive Electronics
Automotive electronics are any electrically-generated systems used in road vehicles, such as: carputers, telematics, in-car entertainment systems, etc.. Automotive electronics originated from the need to control engines. The first electronic pieces were used to control engine functions and were referred to as engine control units (ECU). As electronic controls began to be used for more automotive applications, the acronym ECU took on the more general meaning of “electronic control unit”, and then specific ECU’s were developed. Now, ECU’s are modular. Two types include engine control modules (ECM) or transmission control modules (TCM).
Electricity and Electronic Engine Controls
- Ohm’s Law
- Electronic and Semiconductors Devices
- Electronic Engine Control
Electronic Fuel Injection Systems
- Air-Fuel Ratio and Stoichiometric Ratio
- Actuators in port and TBI Systems
- Electronically Controlled Feedback Carburetors
- Testing Mixture-Control Solenoid
Automotive Electrical and Electronic Equipment
- Electrical Circuit Components
- Wiring Diagrams
- Basic Electrical Diagnosis
- Tests and Measurements
- Automotive Battery Construction and Service
- Starting System
- Charging System
- Contact-Point Ignition System
- Electronic Ignition Systems
- Lights, Safety, and Driver Information Controls
Overall Controlling of Vehicle
- Electronic Shift Controls in Automatic Transmission
- Electronic Ride Control and Air-Suspension Systems
- Electronic Power Steering
- Electronic Control in Automotive Clutches
- Sensors and Actuators
- Wiring Diagrams in a Car
- Traction Control Systems
Duration: The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with eight hour session each day in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hands on sessions.
- Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants from Innovians Technologies.
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organised among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a ‘Certificate of Excellence’.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the campus workshops.
Eligibility: It’s a basic level workshop so there are no prerequisites. Anyone interested, can join this workshop.
Fee: Rs. 1000/-(inclusive of all Taxes) per participant.