GATE 2018 Application Open Now
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is basically an examination on the
comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in
Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. GATE 2018
will be conducted for 23 subjects (also referred to as “papers”).
The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a
particular subject, which is quantified based on the several years of examination data. Note that
the GATE 2018 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted jointly by
the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission and/or financial
assistance to: (i) Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of
Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies.
About GATE 2018
- IIT Guwahati is the organizing institute for GATE 2018.
- Information website for GATE 2018 is www.gate.iitg.ac.in.
- GATE 2018 will be conducted on 23 subjects (also referred to as “papers”).
- Examination for all the 23 subjects (papers) will be conducted as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers
must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. The Candidates will use ONLY an on-screen
virtual calculator provided for the examination.
- A candidate can appear only in ANY ONE paper of the GATE examination.
Candidates who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from
countries other than India: i) must have completed or are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 4 years) in Engineering/Technology or ii) must have completed or are in the final year of their Post Graduate (Master’s) degree (duration: at least 2 years) in any relevant subjects in science.
GATE 2018 Dates
- GATE 2018 examinations will be held during the forenoon and afternoon sessions on 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th of February 2018.
- Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2018 may be held in multiple sessions.
- However, a candidate can appear for the examination in one session ONLY.
How to apply for GATE 2018
Candidates have to register and fill the application via ONLINE mode ONLY at GATE
Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) link given here.
Important Dates for GATE 2018
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: September 1, 2017.
- Last Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website): October 5, 2017
- Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable): November 17, 2017
- Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing): January 5, 2018
- GATE 2018 Examination
- February 3, 2018
- February 4, 2018
- February 10, 2018
- February 11, 2018
- Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal: March 17, 2018.
For More Details, Click Here.