Data Structures and Algorithms Course by MNNIT
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT) Allahabad is one of the premier National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India. It is committed to achieve quality and excellence in academic pursuits. Established in 1961, as a Regional Engineering College, a joint enterprise of Government of India (GOI) and Government of Uttar Pradesh, the institute was transformed into NIT on June 26, 2002. With the enactment of NIT Act-2007, the Institute has been granted the status of institution of national importance w.e.f. August 15, 2007.
The purpose of this short term course is to provide the students with solid foundations in the basic concepts of programming: data structures and algorithms. The main objective of the course is to teach the students how to select and design data structures and algorithms that are appropriate for problems that they might encounter. This course offers the students a mixture of theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
OBJECTIVES AND PREAMBLE
The objectives of the short term course are:
- To strengthen and refresh knowledge of UG and PG students, research scholars and faculty members.
- To strengthen data structure and algorithms concepts through implementation. The program will first take up the basics of data structures and algorithms in brief followed by advanced concepts in detail with their implementation.
- The course will discuss applications of data structures in different emerging fields.
TOPIC TO BE COVERED
The course will contain following topics:
- Basic Linear Data Structures (Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue)
- Basic Non Linear Data Structures : o Binary Tree, Balanced Trees, Optimal Binary Search Tree, M-ary Tree
- B-tree, B+ tree
- Hash Table, Dictionary Graphs
- Sorting and Searching
- Greedy Algorithms
- Divide-and-Conquer based algorithms
- Dynamic Programming
- Flow in Networks
- String Matching
- NP-Hard and NP-Complete class of problems
After completion of this short term course, participants would be able to use Data Structures and algorithms with confidence in application development in different fields of research.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: May 31st, 2017.
- Course Commences on 19th June.
To register for this course the applicants will have to pay fees in advance as per the following details:
- Industry/Faculty Personnel: Rs 6000/-
- Research Scholars/ PG Students/UG Students: Rs 4000/-
Registration fee can be submitted through Demand draft or NEFT.
For any further information / assistance you may contact following student co-ordinators:
Mr. Ashutosh Singh–09335094856 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mr. Manish Gupta – 09457815321
Note: Please write the name of the course (DSA-2017) on top of the envelope