Government of India’s BHAVAN Fellowships in Energy Efficiency
Recognizing that climate change, clean and efficient energy and environmental protection are among the biggest challenges facing India and the United States and to address the need for human resource development and capacity building in the frontier area of Building Energy Efficiency; the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) have developed a dynamic visitation program between Indian and US institutions and premier US Universities.
The Building Energy Efficiency Higher & Advanced Network (BHAVAN) Fellowships are envisaged to create a sustainable and vibrant linkage between the two nations, as well as build long term Indo-American science and technology relationships.
The Program is visualized to:
- Provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in US academia and labs;
- Promote research and capacity building in the frontline area of Building Energy Efficiency;
- Encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path; and
- Pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
- Indian citizens having Ph.D./M.Tech./M.Arch. in Science, Engineering, Technology or Architecture in the specific area of Building Energy Efficiency. Relaxation in qualifications could be made for individuals with proven and considerable research background and experience who are part of a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Applicants must be pursuing independent research on extra-mural / industry-supported research projects and should have published in high-impact academic journals.
- Age: Upto 40 years as on 31 December 2017.
- Employment: The applicant should be affiliated to a public funded R&D Lab/S&T Institution/ recognized Universities/Colleges in India.
- Monthly Stipend
- Return Air fare
- Contingency Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Fellowships: Minimum 3 months and up to 12 months
For More Details Click here