Major changes in MHT CET 2018
DTE Maharashtra (Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashta) has announced a sweeping news for students. A number of key changes in MHT CET 2018 that have been announced by DTE Maharashtra include changes to the exam pattern, weightage and syllabus. The exam conducting body announced that the difficulty level of MHT CET 2018 will be at par with JEE Main.The MHT CET 2018 syllabus will be same as the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Education. The key highlights of the changes to MHT CET 2018 exam are discussed below.
What’s new in MHT CET 2018
The difficulty level of MHT CET 2018 will be equivalent to JEE Main
The syllabus will be based on Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Education
Around 20% weigtage will be given to Class XI curriculum while Class XII curriculum will carry remaining 80% weightage
MHT CET 2018 Syllabus and Weightage
DTE Maharashtra has made changes to all the three subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, included in the MHT CET syllabus 2018. As per the new guidelines:
Questions weighing up to 80% weightage from Physics, Chemsitry and Mathematics will be based on Class XII curricullum
Remaining questions, weighing up to 20%, will be from Class XI standard. The syllabus of Standard XI has been released by DTE Maharashtra.
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2018
The following changes have been incorporated to the exam pattern:
The three subjects each will have the same number of questions, i.e., 50 questions as earlier. However, no questions have been segregated in Standard XI and Standard XII
Each paper will carry 10 questions from Standard XI, while 40 questions will be asked from Standard XII.
The question paper will mainly comprise application-based questions.
Follow UpcomingEngineer for more news.