Software Engineer Required At Dell
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Develops software solutions for external clients based on detailed specifications from technology/systems consultants. Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products. Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities. SW Engineers may develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, EDI routines, etc. Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Provides technical expertise by independently determining and developing approaches to solutions for a moderate range of complex software engineering problems.
- Uses judgment and creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
- Applies software engineering methods or processes, re-evaluates existing processes; designs simulation and test criteria and verifies functionality and performance.
- May be responsible for developing and executing project plans.
- Provides documentation of work and results; reviews projects against goals and provides status reports.
- Works on the overall design and development of new ideas and products, and develops project plans.
- Represents the organization on project teams and may perform technical project leadership roles; contributes to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Sphere of influence may extend outside of work group or department.
- Understands and adheres to cost/delivery/quality targets established during the program design phase
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of appropriate development languages.
- Problem solving skills.
- General knowledge and application of engineering concepts.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
- Time management skills