Kennametal Inc is a premier tooling solutions supplier in the world with operational excellence throughout the value chain and best-in-class manufacturing and technology. Kennametal strives to deliver superior shareowner value through top-tier financial performance. Kennametal is the market leader in North America in metalcutting tools and is second in Europe and worldwide. It is the undisputed global market leader in tools for the mining and highway construction industries.
Kennametal is represented in more than 60 countries. Kennametal operations in Europe are headquartered in Furth, Germany. Kennametal Asia Pacific is headquartered in Singapore.
Education and Relevant Experience (in brief)
- B.E. Mechanical with 1 year of Experience. OR
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 2 years of Experience. OR
Diploma in Tool and Die making with 2 years of Experience,
- Basic knowledge of Die Design , process of manufacturing of press tools and exposure to CNC machineswith programming skills.
Desired Skills and Experience :-
- Working knowledge of CAD – Unigraphics – NX application modules like modelling , assemblies, manufacturing, drafting using GD & Tis essential.
- Sound knowledge and good understanding of manufacturing processes like Milling/ Turning/ Drilling/ Spark erosion/ Wire cutting/ Jig grindingwith an exposure to the related machine equipment’s
- Exposure to SAP functionalities of Engineering Design would be preferred.
- Familiarity with Kennametal global design standards is an added advantage.
- Positive attitude and self motivated.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Knowledge of kannada language and aptitude to pursue career in Design and manufacturing environment.
- Should be organized and have strong interpersonal , analytical and perseverance skills.
- Design and develop press tool components that are used to produce inserts and wear part components on mechanical presses by creating assembly models / drawings.
- Create Bill of material and detail out 2D drawings by incorporating geometrical accuracies enabling manufacturing of these accessories at the vendor place.
- Adhere to monthly target of number of press tool designs to meet the customer demand / production capacity while ensuring the quality of deliverables.
- Support Global die design team on press tool designs wherever applicable.
- Participate in improving the press tool design system by documenting the design process and by creating the check lists.
- Interact with Insert manufacturing and press tool manufacturing departments and support them in maintaining customer / organizational goals.
- Support new product development initiatives by arriving at new design concepts.
- Design and implement fixtures suitable for conventional and 3R presses to ensure better utilization thereby improving the productivity.
- Work with manufacturing facilities to support NC programming requirements.
- Participate in lean initiatives and support team in implementing continuous improvement actions through problem solving.
- Support NC programming team by developing NC programs for five axis CNC machines
- Ensure safe and clean environment by conforming to the requirements as laid down by EHS department. Maintain all compliance with respect to safety and quality
To Apply Click Here