Field Engineer Required at POWER GRID CORPORATION OF INDIA LIMITED
POWERGRID, North Eastern Regional Transmission System requires eligible experienced personnel for
Consultancy Projects in North Eastern Region including North Eastern Region Power System Improvement Project
(NERPSIP) in the states of NER except Arunachal Pradesh and Comprehensive Transmission & Distribution (T&D)
Scheme in the state of Arunachal Pradesh.
Eligibility Criteria for PGCIL Recruitment (2017):
For Field Engineer: Candidates should have passed BE/B.Tech./B.Sc.Engg./BE(Power Engg.)/AMIE in Electrical discipline from a recognised university/institute with minimum 55% marks.
1. Contract personnel will be entitled to 12 days Casual Leave, 10 days Sick Leave and 30 days Earned leave in a
year besides EL encashment, EOL etc. as per terms & conditions of engagement.
2. Contract personnel will be entitled for medical benefits for self during the first year of engagement and self &
family (spouse & two dependent children) from 2nd year of engagement subjected to maximum 01 month
consolidated remuneration every year for OPD cases. Contract personnel will be provided with medical
insurance in case of IPD treatments during tenure of engagement.
3. Contract personnel will be eligible for PF deductions @ 12% of consolidated remuneration per month.
4. On satisfactory completion of each year of engagement, contract personnel shall be paid an additional amount
equivalent to their 01 month’s consolidated remuneration paid during that year subject to other terms &
conditions of engagement.
1. Selection procedure for Field Engineers and Field Officers shall be based on Interview only, of the eligible candidates.
However, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards / criteria and /
or to conduct a screening test, to restrict the number of candidates to be called for Personal Interview,
if so required.
2. Selection process for Field Supervisor is based on Written Test only. 3. Screening Test for Field Engineers if conducted, shall be for elimination purpose only and will not have any
weightage in final merit. Screening test will be of 1hr duration for 75 marks (in two parts. Part-1: 50 questions
on relevant discipline and Part-2: 25 questions on Aptitude). There will not be any negative marking. Qualifying marks in Screening Test for UR category shall be 40% and for reserved category 30%. 4. The final merit will be drawn purely on the basis of performance in the Interview for Field Engineers &Field Officers and
on the basis of written test for Field Supervisors. 5. The Offer for Contractual Engagement shall be issued to the suitable candidates on the basis of merit and
based on requirement.
6. Engagement of selected candidates will be subject to their medical fitness as per the company’s
7. Applicants should have sound health. Squint and Colour Blindness (partial or full) is a disqualification. No
relaxation in POWERGRID Medical Norms is allowed.
For More Details Click Here