CDS-(I) 2018 Notification released
CDS 2018: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Combined Defence Services examination for providing admission to candidates in Indian Naval Academy, Officers’ Training Academy, Air Force Academy and Indian Military Academy twice in a year. The CDS 1 2018 Online Application has started from 8th November 2017 whereas CDS -2 2018 application form will be available from 8th August 2018. All the interested and eligible candidates must go through the important details regarding CDS 2018 and start applying for the same after the release of official CDS 2018 notification.
Last date for submission of application : 04th Dec, 2017
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the
eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the
stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the
prescribed eligibility conditions.
- Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his
candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents will be
taken up only after the candidate has qualified for interview/Personality Test.
Candidate must be an Indian National.
Age Criteria & Marital Status
- For IMA: Unmarried male aspirants, who are not born before than 2nd January 1995 and after than 1st January 2000, are permitted to apply;
- For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male aspirants, who are not born before than 2nd January 1995 and after than 1st January 2000, are permitted to apply.
- For Air Force Academy: Candidates should be aged in between 20 to 24 years as on 1stJanuary 2019. It means candidates who are born not before than 2nd January 1995 and after than 1st January 1999 are eligible. If you have a valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) then you are eligible to apply till 26 years of the age.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men): Married or unmarried candidates, who are born not before than 2nd January 1994 and after than 1st January 2000, are permitted to apply.
- For Officers’ Training Academy- (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Candidates should be born not before than 2nd January 1994 and after than 1st January 2000 to become eligible under this category.
- For IMA and Officer’s Training Academy.: Candidates should be having a recognized degree of its equivalent;
- For Indian Naval Academy: A recognized Engineering degree is required to apply for this post;
- For Air Force Academy: A recognized degree with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering is required for appearing in the exam.
How To Apply?
Candidates need to apply at official UPSC website.
An application fee of 200 INR needs to be paid, which is exempted for female, SC, ST candidates via cash or net banking.
Includes English, General Knowledge, Mathematics.
It is a Objective type paper, following which there’s a interview process for selection given you have passed the test.
Question paper will be provided in both English, as well as Hindi.
UPSC will be releasing CDS 2018 admit card online only. No Admit Card will be sent to the applicants via post. Candidates should visit the official website in order to download their admit card for CDS exam 2018.
Selection of candidates depends on results of Written Exam, Personal Interview, Document verification and Medical report.
For further clarity on Dates, Test centers, Syllabus, Application procedure, Selection procedure
Official Notification Here.
Best Wishes !!