British Telecom Recruitment
BT has been in India since 1987 and set up its first customer relationship management office in New Delhi in 1995. Since then we have been taking big steps to grow our business.
British Telecom is one of the world’s leading communications services companies, serving the needs of customers in more than 173 countries. Our main activities are the provision of fixed-line services, broadband, mobile and TV products and services as well as networked IT services.
Nearly a year to the day, BT leads yet another virtual masterpiece, using interactive video conferencing, reaching over 100 journalists and analysts across the Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa region.
Purpose Of Role:
- The purpose of the IT Infrastructure Engineer role is to support and maintain the IT Infrastructure components, tools or locations.
- Documents and seeks to automate processes and procedures
- Responsible for repeatable products within defined project/work package boundaries, under supervision for critical services and driven through the change process.
- Accountable for creating low level designs on non-critical services (e.g. network, security, storage, compute), typically under supervisions and produced in line with design standards.
- Developing technical specialism in one or more area, providing technical guidance to more junior engineers
- Escalating complex issues to more senior engineers, interacting with external teams within BT as necessary e.g. TSO power team, problem management team. In addition to this they will interact with vendors through raising of progression of service requests.
- May be accountable for the design or design validation testing of the IT components of platforms or customer solutions.
- Provide technical support, resolving escalated technical support issues across the lines of business to ensure systems availability to the customer.
- Support the timely delivery of IT Provision ,Incident handling, Service Requests and Change Management by the team to the published SLAs and KPIs.
- New graduate entry.
- A suitable formal training path to certification standard, where appropriate, will need to be completed e.g. CCNP, MCSE, Sun Solaris, Oracle certified DBA, HP certified systems engineer etc.
To Apply, Click Here.