Internship Opportunity @ CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research)
Deadline: April 12
This Administrative Student Programme is aimed at undergraduate students specializing in administration.
This is an opportunity for undergraduate students of a CERN member state (Indians eligible) in an administrative field for practical training for period of 2 months to 12 months during the course of their studies (Bachelor or Master).
- National of a CERN Member State and currently studying in a Member State. Cypriot, Indian, Pakistani, Romanian, Serbian and Turkish nationals are also eligible.
- Students from Non-Member States are able to apply only if they have been residing in a Member State for the last 5 years and are enrolled in a Member State educational establishment.
- Should have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies.
- Can stay at least 2 or at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student. To be able to fully benefit from an administrative studentship we advise students to opt for the longest period possible.
- You have a good knowledge of English OR French.
Translation, human resources, advanced secretarial work, business administration, logistics, law, finance, accounting, library and information science, engineering management, science communication, education, audiovisual, communication and public relations, psychology, audit.
- A monthly living allowance to cover the expenses of a single person in the Geneva area.
- A health insurance for illnesses and accidents of professional or non-professional nature.
- Travel expenses (on a lump sum basis).
Required documents (in addition to the application form):
Once your application form has been submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail which contains a link to the CERN “Report on candidate” form. You must forward this link to at least one referee.
One reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory (should you have one reference from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference).
NOTE: Reports from last committee will not be accepted. Students must also upload their most recent academic transcript (official document giving an overview of their marks), as well as a CV (in English or French) in order to complete their application.
Candidates who are missing one of these documents by the deadline will not go through the selection process.
Applications are considered by a Selection Committee which meets two times a year in June and December. Results are communicated after the Committee.
Next selection committee: 1 June 2017 / placements will not start before August 2017.
Job Reference: TSC-2017-1/ADMIN
Students can apply: 30th March, 2017 till 12th April, 2017.
Deadline to submit all required documents: 18 April 2017.
For more details visit this link here.