IMAD student ambassador program
Hasura, in partnership with IIT Madras, is offering IMAD from Feb 5, 2018. Introduction to Modern Application Development (IMAD) was offered thrice before and with more than 210,000 student registrations, it is India’s largest MOOC. All course details can be found at http://imad.tech.
Over the past three iterations, IMAD has inspired people from all walks of life (teachers, retired/working professionals, students, stay-at-home mothers) to get comfortable with technology. Student stories can be found here.
IMAD believes that access to technology and technical education can go a long way in empowering people and communities by helping them solve local problems. In order to be successful, we need to build a strong community around the course which will help us reach more people, help students or entrepreneurs who are building solutions and provide support when needed.
Therefore, IMAD is looking for enthusiastic student volunteers who will help grow the IMAD community and help IMAD reach more students for the upcoming course.
Responsibilities as a student ambassador:
Student Ambassadors are the formal representatives of IMAD to various educational institutes & cities across the country.
You’ll be expected to help spread awareness about IMAD in your city/town. Your responsibilities will be:
- Ensure IMAD registrations from 3-5 colleges in your region by engaging with:
- student leaders in the college
- Professors/HODs of relevant courses who can help spread the word
- Placement and Entrepreneurship cells at the colleges, who can share information about IMAD
- student groups such a web dev clubs/ college events coordinators.
- Circulate online posters via social media/ student email groups and Whatsapp groups
- Share the IMAD poster on personal social media pages. (and share the link with us)
- Share an email on college mailing lists. We will send you a version of the email to be sent.
- Get 5 friends (preferably from other colleges) to share the IMAD poster in their college pages and send the draft email to their college lists. (bcc, and share the link)
- Put up IMAD posters in popular hangouts for college students in your city – for example, notice boards on campus, coffee shops that students frequent.
Qualities IMAD is looking for:
- extremely proactive, enthusiastic students who are looking to get real experience working on a large scale nation-wide event
- great spoken and written communication skills in English (preferably also the vernacular of where your university is)
- held a position of responsibility previously in school/college
- active on social media/ maintains a blog.
What’s in it for you?
Being the Student Ambassador for your college or region comes with its many perks. Apart from getting an opportunity to work with us at Hasura Education, you also get to meet new people and get them engaged in the course. This position will teach you to take responsibility and ownership for your actions; traits which are deeply valued and prized in the world today and will give you the upper hand in any job interview/internship/placement you sit for. You’ll also get a certificate attesting your positive role in marketing IMAD.
The most active Student Ambassadors, who complete all the tasks, will be eligible for the following perks depending on their performance:
- Letter of acknowledgment from Hasura
- IMAD goodies (t-shirts/stickers/notebooks)
- You will be featured in a story on our social media and our blog.