IIT Delhi’s Internship Program in Engineering Innovation and Design
The Airtel IIT Delhi Centre of Excellence in Telecommunication (AICET) within the Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management, IIT Delhi hosts GIPEDI, an internship program in Engineering Innovation and Design for undergraduate/postgraduate students of any branch of the Electrical Sciences that is Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, Opto-electronics, Instrumentation, etc.
This internship program is a different and separate program from the IIT Delhi Summer Research Fellow Program (IIT Delhi SRFP) which has a limited intake.
Who can apply: Applications are invited from students who are registered in a recognized Engineering institutes/colleges/deemed universities in a Engineering Discipline in the Electrical Sciences (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics, Communication/Telecommunication, Instrumentation and allied Electrical Sciences) and are either
• pre-final/final year UG (must have completed at least four semesters/2 years of required course work at the start of internship)
• or PG (must have completed at least two semesters/1 year of required coursework) students who are registered in a recognized educational Institute.
Location: IIT Delhi.
1. January 15 – May 15, 2017: 4 months long: Deadline for the same is January 10, 2017.
- May 15 – July 15, 2017: 2 months long: Deadline for the same is March 27, 2017.
3. July 27 – November 27, 2017: 4 months long: Deadline for the same is June 30, 2017.
- December 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017: 1 month long: Deadline is October 15, 2017.
Fees: There is a mandatory non-refundable application fee which must be paid by a draft /payable-at-par (in New Delhi, India) cheque for Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) in favour of “FITT, IIT Delhi” as application processing/handling fees.
There will be no fee for (a) KVPY Fellows and KVPY Summer Camp Fellows (also see note below regarding KVPY Summer Camp Fellows) and (b) Interns selected under IIT Delhi’s Institute Internship Schemes (such as IITD Summer Research Fellowship) who opt for this Internship scheme (all relevant rules to those schemes will apply as per norms) or for (c) Indian Academy of Sciences Fellows. KVPY students will pay only for their boarding and lodging in IITD hostels and claim a refund from KVPY Office.
Apart from this application fees, an operation fee needs to be paid after selection (exempt for certain streams based on merit) and boarding and lodging charges also need to be paid if hostel room is available and allotted.
Please note that you can get some stipend in certain cases.
A certificate of completion and a separate certificate of performance will be given to each participant from AICET after completion of minimum internship period and performance evaluation.
More Details Here
Sharing Is Caring:
Help Us and Others by sharing this post with your friends/groups who may find it useful. If you know anyone who would be interested, share this post with them.