Mimamsa, IISER Science Quiz
Students of IISER Pune are going to organize Mimamsa, a National level annual Science Quiz for students at the undergraduate level. It is a two-stage event and the Prelims which is a written exam with sections from 4 major disciplines of Science, takes place in January at several centers across India. The top 4 teams selected through the Prelims qualify for the Mains – which is comprised of brain-racking quizzing sessions spread over a March weekend. The questions are designed to investigate, rather than to simply have an answer, and specifically to promote debate and discussion among teams and the judges. Mimamsa is arguably one of the toughest Science Quizzes at the Undergraduate Level, and tests the concepts of its participants, rather than simply facts, leading its witnesses to go back to the basics and unravel the science behind the science we study.
Rules & Guidelines
- A college may send any number of teams consisting of four students per team.
- All members of a team must be students of the same college.
- Since the competition will involve questions from different disciplines of science viz. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology, it is suggested that the teams be chosen to ensure diversity in terms of expertise.
- Team members must be from 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of B.Sc., B.Tech., MBBS, Integrated Masters or equivalent programmes. M.Sc. students or 4th year and above students of any integrated course including B.Tech and other 4 year courses are not allowed.
- Teams can decide their choice of centres at the time of registration. For all centres prelims will take place only if at least ten teams choose that center. Although efforts shall be made to allot teams to the centre of their choice, IISER-Pune reserves the right of assigning a team to a centre that is different from the one mentioned during registration. However, in all such cases, the teams shall be informed well in advance.
- There is no entry fee for participating in Mimamsa.
- All participants need to carry their college ID cards for verification.
- At the venue of the Prelims, teams must produce completely filled bona fide forms, which can be downloaded from the website at the time of Registration.
- Participants are allowed to use (non-graphing) Scientific Calculators during the prelims.
- All participants in the prelims will be awarded participation certificates.
- Top team from each centre (barring the finalists) will also receive a Centre Topper certificates.
- Top team from each subject viz. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology, all over the country (barring the finalists) will also receive Subject Topper certificates.
The Winners of Mimamsa will receive the Mimamsa Trophy. All the Finalists will also receive mementos and total prizes worth 1,15,000 will be awarded to the Finalists and Subject Toppers. The distribution of prizes is as follows:
Winner :- Rs 50,000
First Runner Up :- Rs 25,000
Second Runner Up :- Rs 15,000
Third Runner Up :- Rs 8,000
Nation-wide Subject Toppers :- Rs 4,000 each
Merchandise for all Finalists, Subject Toppers and Center Toppers :- worth Rs 1,000
Registration Link is here.
Good luck students.