IIT Roorkee’s National Student ‘Housing’ Design Competition
Prize Money of Rs. 1,50,000:
Deadline: April 25
The Housing for All (HFA) is a long sought after goal for India and it has come as a central government scheme, named as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY).
IIT Roorkee is organising this National Student Design Competition to focus on “Design Innovations for Housing for All” as a response to meet the long-term target of the HFA mission, under which, by 2022, India needs to construct 34 million houses in urban area for urban poor.
Nature of the competition
- The Student teams are required to identify any one residential neighbourhood that is in transformation located within their geographical region/state.
- The selected site should ideally have been in contact with the ever-changing pressures from urbanisation processes from nearby urban areas especially in the phase of rapid urbanisation process.
- The selected area for the neighbourhood study is expected to be within 5 acres.
- After identifying the appropriate site for study, there are two components to meet for formal submission requirements. 1. Documentation and Research and 2. Design Innovation
The detailed process can be found here.
Submissions shall be accepted in any of the following (combination) formats: Drawings, sketches, photographs, model, multimedia presentations, reporting on interviews with local people and factual evidences.
However, the representation of documentation, research and design innovation/ideas should be explicitly communicated. The soft copy format of the entries are accepted through email. The registered teams will be receiving the format and guidelines for submission.
- Any Student pursuing B.Arch/ B.E/ B.Tech/B.Plan or equivalent, or M.Arch/ M.E./ M.Tech/ M.Plan or equivalent in any Indian Institute duly recognised by competent authority can
join the competition.
- Maximum 4 such students can join together to form Student Competition Team.
- Each Team Member shall submit their valid student ID duly certified by their respective schools.
- Students from different Institutes can form a team.
Each Team need to register for the competition by sending the following:
- Name and affiliation of each Team members with photo ID
- Bonafide certificate for team members from respective institutes
- DD of Rs 500 in favour of Dean SRIC, IIT Roorkee
- Launch of the NSDC Competition: 25th March 2017
- Last date for Registration: 25th April, 2017
- Last date for submitting the entries: 1st June 2017
- Declaration of Shortlisted entries: 10th June 2017
- NSDC Event: 22nd and 23rd July 2017
- First Prize: Rs 75,000
- Second Prize: Rs 50,000
- Third prize: 25,000