HACKTECH 2018 BY KARPAGAM COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
5th January 2018
Karpagam College of Engineering
Karpagam college of engineering organizes a National level “One day Technical Event on Hackathon“HACKTECH-18” on 5th January 2018. HACKTECH-18 is a non-stop computer programming competition which provides a great plat form for engineering students to enrich the programming ability. HACKTECH-18 brings the young techies to showcase their potential to solve the problems. This event is aimed to identify and encourage the tech skilled who works persistently with a unique thought process. The primary objective of the Event HACKTECH-18 is to provide students great opportunities to participate and develop their coding skills in the technological arena and Mould them into competent and creative technocrats to meet the growing global changes.
HACKTECH-18 is a non–stop computer programming competition which provides a great platform for engineering students to enrich the coding ability. Its a team hackathon competition. Teams should select one language from given list, in which they are going to solve problem in coding challenge.Once the Hackathon starts, participants will get a set of problem statement consist of multiple number of programs in selected language, which team chose. According to the problems, they have to solve by coding and submit the same. Each problem has a score. Marks will be given to the teams as per the number of problems solved. Team leader submission will be considered as the final one. There are 3 Level phase given to the participants. In First phase, all the participants should attend the three levels of programming. Based on the scores, 20 teams will be selected for next round. In second phase, selected teams should hack the next set of programs in three Levels. After evaluations and based on scores, 10 Teams will be selected for finals. In the final round, selected teams will be given three levels coding challenge. It needs to be completed within prescribed time. Based on the scores, finalist will be selected as winners and runners-up.
- HACKTECH-18 will be open to all.
- Each team must have minimum 2 and maximum 3 members.
- Team should be named by participants for registration.
- There will be coding challenge to every team
- Any number of teams from a same Institution can participate in the event.
- Participants have to register their names for the HACKTECH-18 through website or phone.
- Team should bring the laptop with them for the event at a prompt time.
- Hackathon will start at 8.45 A.M on 5 Jan 2018.
- Once the Hackathon starts, you will get a problem statement and as per the problem, solve by coding and submit your code. Team leader submission will be considered as the final one.
- Coding challenge needs to be completed within prescribed time, once a user starts coding.
- Registered participants should come earlier before start the event.
- 20 selected teams will move forward for first round.
- 10 teams will be selected for finals.
- Clean-code quality
- Output presentation to the jury members
Who Can Participate?
IT, CSE and circuit branch of Students from various engineering colleges, polytechnic colleges and IT wings of arts and Science College at National Level.
Cash prize will be awarded for three places as winners and runners-up. HACKTECH-18 Trophy will be given for winners. Certificates will be awarded to all the participants.
- Team name and participants name should be registered through the form given in website or phone
- Registration Fee Rs.150 per participant.
- Team should bring the laptop with participants for the event at a prompt time.Candidates can register here.
Dr. S. Manoj kumar
Professor, Department of IT
For further information visit here.