Alcheringa 2018…Cultural Fest By IIT Guwahati
As spring comes forth, the North-East sees itself engulfed by lush green beauty that sprawls onward to horizon with the nature breathing new life into the world budding flowers decorating the surreal landscape, it wouldn’t be far-fetched to say paradise has descended upon earth. Amidst this fantasy lies ‘Alcheringa’, the annual cultural extravaganza of IIT Guwahati. The name derives from the Australian slang, literally translating to ‘eternal dreamtime’ and hence befitting the moment in every sense of word. Those who have heard it, seen it and lived it can tell you that it is nothing short of a visual delicacy, a gourmet by the finest chefs served to you with the best seasoning there is to offer. With Bollywood Giants like Mika Singh, Sajid Wajid, Mohit Chauhan, Sonu Nigam, Lucky Ali, Shankar Ehsaan Loy, Kailash Kher, Shaan, Shilpa Rao; Classical artists like Amaan and Ayaan Ali Khan, Ustad Shujaad Khan, Anoushka Shankar, The Indian Jam Project, Indian Jazz Suites, Villalobos Brothers, Pandit Vikku Vinayakram, Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Alistair Macsween; International acts like Korpikilaani, Marnik, Ne Obliviscaris, Carl Nunes, Michael Angelo Batio, Frantic Jack, Eluvietie, Mother Jane and Orphaned Land gracing the fest with their presence in the past, Alcheringa has established itself as the pinnacle of entertainment. At Alcheringa, we promise you nothing but the best 4 days of your lifetime.
- Class Apart
- Performing Arts
- Art Talkies
- Digital Arts
For more information on Events Visit here.
Departments Eligible for participation:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
For Registration visit here.
1. All accommodation will be done in various hostels of IITG, information of which will be given to you at the time of registration.
2. Accommodation charges applicable per person are as follows: A minimum of Rs. 600 will be charged for 4 days starting from 2nd Feb 2017-5th Feb 2017. An additional amount of Rs. 200 will be charged per day after the 4 days. NOTE: You will be charged the same amount if you reach before 2nd February.
3. Participants may be asked to deposit a security amount of Rs.100 which will be reimbursed on the last day only if there is no reported loss to the property of IIT Guwahati during your stay by any member of your college.
4. We suggest you to bring your basic requirements (like toothbrush, bed sheet, blankets etc.) for your stay in IITG.
5. Accommodation will be strictly on a first-come-firstserve basis.
6. The amount mentioned above DOES NOT INCLUDE MEALS.
7. Accommodation must be confirmed with the Hospitality Team beforehand before setting out your journey. In case the number of persons in a team exceeds the number provided to us by you earlier, the extra persons will be accommodated subject to availability. Any change in the number must be brought to the knowledge of Hospitality Team 2-3 days prior to arrival.
8. Alcohol / Drugs / Smoking are strictly prohibited inside the campus. Food arrangements will be done in the hostel’s mess where you will be staying. It will be available on a pay per meal basis. Alternatively, you can eat from food stalls all over the campus or from hostel canteens.
- Meet Shah(Convener)- +91 9930283588,
- Devesh Prajapat(Accounts Head)- +91 9954249654
For Further details visit Website.
Alcheringa 2018 Facebook Link.